Current Funding Opportunities
Updated: November 14, 2012
Since 2009, The Sierra Nevada Conservancy (SNC) has regularly compiled information on funding opportunities, workshops, and resources applicable to the Sierra. We’ve shared this information via email blasts and monthly updates to the Current Funding Opportunities page on our Web site, and have heard from many of you that it’s a useful tool. However, due to changing organizational priorities coupled with budget constraints that have led to a loss of staffing resources, we find that we must suspend our monthly funding updates through at least June 30, 2013, which is the end of this fiscal year for California State agencies. We plan to revisit this issue early next fiscal year once our resources for that year have been determined. We will continue to send out occasional individual funding alerts, so we encourage you to maintain your membership on our funding listserv.
We regret any inconvenience this may cause. In the meantime, we suggest that you consider signing up for the following updates if you are interested in pursuing funding:
- grants.gov - federal grant opportunities
- Philanthropy News Digest - foundation grants, primarily for non-profit organizations
- Small Communities Network Newsletter - various funders (sign up via email to email@example.com )
In addition to the government and public resources listed above, many individual non-profit organizations also distribute regular funding information. You can visit their websites to sign up for their alerts if you are interested.
The following can also be good references, but do not send out updates:
- California State grant opportunities – various California State departments
- Cool California funding wizard – database of grants, rebates, tax credits, and other financial assistance for environmental projects
- Access to Capital – guidebook for entrepreneurs and businesses
If you would like to be sure of receiving any funding updates the SNC publishes in the future, all you need to do is maintain your membership on our Current Funding Opportunities email list. Otherwise, you may unsubscribe from the list here. Feel free to contact Marji Feliz at 530-823-4679 or firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions, and best wishes in your continued efforts on behalf of the Sierra.