Current Funding Opportunities
Updated: August 30, 2013
In the past, the Sierra Nevada Conservancy (SNC) regularly compiled information on funding opportunities, workshops, and resources applicable to the Sierra. We shared this information via email blasts and monthly updates to the Current Funding Opportunities page on our Web site, and heard from many of you that it was a useful tool. However, due to changing organizational priorities coupled with budget constraints that have led to a loss of staffing resources, we have suspended our monthly funding updates indefinitely. We plan to revisit this issue as soon as feasible. We may continue to send out occasional individual funding alerts, so we encourage you to maintain your membership on our funding listserv.
We regret any inconvenience this may cause. In the meantime, we suggest that you consider signing up for the following updates if you are interested in pursuing funding:
- grants.gov - federal grant opportunities
- Philanthropy News Digest - foundation grants, primarily for non-profit organizations
- Small Communities Network Newsletter - various funders (sign up via email to firstname.lastname@example.org )
In addition to the government and public resources listed above, many individual non-profit organizations also distribute regular funding information. You can visit their websites to sign up for their alerts if you are interested.
The following can also be good references, but do not send out updates:
- California State grant opportunities – various California State departments
- Cool California funding wizard – database of grants, rebates, tax credits, and other financial assistance for environmental projects
- Access to Capital – guidebook for entrepreneurs and businesses
If you would like to be sure of receiving any funding updates the SNC publishes in the future, all you need to do is maintain your membership on our Current Funding Opportunities email list. Otherwise, you may unsubscribe from the list here. Feel free to contact Marji Feliz at 530-823-4679 or email@example.com with any questions, and best wishes in your continued efforts on behalf of the Sierra.